Friday, October 5, 2012

Lora Zombie



I am going to present to you my favourite artist: Lora Zombie. She was born in Russia in 1990. Her first serious works were similar to the works of Jamie Hewlett, the creator of the images for the group Gorillaz. She became popular really fast, and she had exhibitions in the USA, UK and Russia. You can view her work on her Facebook page.




First thing that I like in her works is the ideas. For example, the picture “hero time is gone”. To me the idea of this picture is that all heroes become old and unpopular. Children stop copying them and people begin to forget them.





Another idea that I really like is in the picture of red riding hood with a gun in her hands. This Little Red Riding Hood doesn’t look as helpless as in the story. Even the wolf looks frightened. I think that the idea is that even Red Riding Hood can be dangerous and strong.




I also like her manner of drawing (a lot of different colors, pretty a lot of details...). I like to call this kind of drawing style modern Art, because she is using very current ideas or details (for example: Converse on the Batman). I learned a lot from her works. For example, I started to add dripping paint and to think more about using deeper ideas for my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment