Thursday, November 1, 2012

Marco Mazzoni



Marco Mazzoni is a really good Italian artist. I didn’t get a a lot of information about him. I just know that he was born in Apr 24th, 1981.

He often chooses not to paint the eyes, because he thinks they are a distraction and with eyes. So, the faces would then become portraiture, which he emphatically avoids, preferring to present to the viewer a ‘still life’ image, capturing a ‘moment when a woman takes control of all, in harmony with nature’.

I like the way Marco Mazzoni draws the shadows and the colors that he uses. I also like the combination of women and animals or flowers. The faces and animals are linked by emotions. For example, in the painting of the screaming face of woman with ravens on the top, the emotions of the woman seem to fit with the ravens. Ravens are often used in horror stories and creepy poems. So, nowadays the raven is not a really nice sign. Also, I would say that she look like Medusa, but with ravens instead of snakes.

After viewing his works I have started to pick colors more thoroughly, and I’ve even started considering using colors for shadows. Maybe you will take something from his works too!


His Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment